Welcome to Barks & Recreation Dog Kennel
WE ARE NOW OPEN!!
We are located on a gorgeous 5 acre property along the Bow River, near Carseland, Alberta and only 60km from Calgary. Barks & Recreation is the ideal long and short term kennel for your canine companion. Our dog guests socialize and mingle in the pastoral fenced enclosure, are taken on individual walks and, for their safety, are penned at night in our safe kennels.
Get away for the weekend, a week or longer and know that your dog is enjoying his time vacationing at Barks and Recreation! Better yet, imagine… after a long day at work, you pick up your tired but happy dog who has spent the day with his Barks and Recreation pals and is ready to spend a quiet evening snuggling on the couch.
We are not your typical day care dog kennel:
• We are not breed biased - we accept campers based on the individual dog and not their breed.
• We are a positive reward based dog kennel, using treats as motivation.
• We create a kenneling experience that is unique for each dog - working with each dog's individual social and exercise needs.
Not all dogs CAN be out with other dogs, not all dogs WANT to be out with other dogs and not all dogs SHOULD be out with other dogs. At Barks & Recreation we look at each dog's needs individually...some dogs are reactive with other dogs, sometimes we get intact males that are best with just females and sometimes clients request their dog go out by themself or just with their family's dogs... whatever the reason, we are more than happy to accommodate them.
At Barks & Recreation we have 20 years of experience behind us. We believe that dogs have a right to say if they are uncomfortable or scared. We will not force them in to being in a big group with no way out. Here, dogs really do come first.
To book a stay, CALL or TXT: 403-397-8597 or email us to check availability.
A 50% non-refundable deposit is required on ALL bookings.
Payment is required at time of booking and can be made by credit card or through email money transfer.
Each individual kennel is 6 ft high and 10 ft long and 4, 5, 6 ft wide depending upon the size of your dog. Each suite comes with off-the-ground sleeping cots but personal ...
Our Camp Leader
Barks N' Rec is owned and operated by Sue Leitl and her large four-legged family. From an early age, Sue understood that her life was most joyful...
Our Happy Campers
"Auntie Sue" and her stable group of dogs work with the “pack” approach - where your dogs socialize and play together - creates a healthy and happy environment. Your tail-waggers...
Does your pooch need a lift to Barks & Recreation? We can do that...
Our Featured Campers
- LeroyLeroy Brown-Dog started coming to my dog daycare in Marda Loop in Calgary, at the age of four months. He was a wild man back then and would play non-stop. These days however, Leroy is more of a refined older gentleman who likes to have afternoon siestas in the sun. Leroy doesn't hear as well as he used to but he can always tell when the cookies are coming out of his overnight bag! We love you Leroy!
- DuffinThis handsome guy is bomb proof. Duff is well behaved and social with any dog we have him out with. He loves to wrestle and when he is really excited Duff spins around. The Irish Terrier is not a common breed so its been fun to get to know a wonderful representative of them! Duffin is a long time friend of ours. He used to be part of our pack at the daycare and now he is one of our regular campers. We love you my friend!
- butchThis fun little girl is a regular here at Barks.